Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Who is THIS guy?

I'm nobody, really. I've been playing online recreationally for over 5 years under the screen name of Wetdog or Wetdog13 or some variation of that. I started out at Full Tilt (lol no rakeback FTL), playing free chips at first. The first night I lost my whole 1000 starting stack. I got 1000 more and inside of a week I ran it up to over 32,000. I thought, "This is easy," so I put my first $50 in. Two weeks later I put in another $50. Just as that 2nd fifty was getting eaten like a milk bone in a dog pound, I cleared the signup bonus. So, to throw a fishing (apropos) analogy on top of a dog one (also fitting), I was hooked.

I remember my first royal flush. It was about 3 months after I started playing online. Playing $10 PL QThh flopped AKJhhh. I won all of $1.60 and half of that was my money! Three months later I caught another one. I won a bit more that time. Three months later I catch yet another one. Happily I was playing against another flush and a full house, so that chipped me up pretty good. I'm still waiting for the next one.

I play some bar poker here in the Denver area, which gets me out of the house on the weekends. Fun people playing donkey poker and drinking beer. Good times. Nights I'm not doing that I'm watching sports or movies, followed by online poker and of course, beer. More later, since I'm playing right now and if I can figure out how to get back in here lol.

1 comment:

Mondogarage said...

Hahaha...welcome to the long national nightmare of blogging addiction. Good to see ya, and hope to see you in a blonkament once in a while.